“Maryland School Shooter and SRO”
- The SRO who fired on the Maryland shooter was a trained, armed deputy sheriff.
- He was facing a shooter armed not with a large semi-automatic rifle, but with a handgun.
- The shooter was still able to seriously wound the person he targeted, so the SRO didn’t end the shooting so much as end the shooter.
- A ‘good guy with a gun’ doesn’t assure anything: only a week ago, a teacher accidentally discharged a firearm while teaching a gun safety class, injuring a student at a Northern California school.
- If you want to turn US schools into armed camps, the way no school in the Western world is, then you haven’t solved the problem but simply admitted defeat.
- Both liberals and conservatives love guns, so this meme makes a wrong assumption.
- And... liberals never said raising the age to 21 to purchase a gun—alone—would stop mass shooters, so the meme set up a Straw Man Fallacy.